Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sunlight Dancing on the Waiting Room Carpet

Please genuine ghost, please enter fearless curious reckless
Please dive, drift, swim with against these wild inner currents
Whooshing through the chambers, tobogganing through my veins.
And when you tire, if you are even capable of tiring,
take long leisurely naps on marrow hammocks, use my soft organs
as pillows for whatever you use for a head.

Please gentle ghost, retract your claws and whisper against
 the inside of my skin with your misty fingertips.
I promise not to expel or extract or exorcise.
I will not reach for the ouija, will not grill you
with silly questions about where you've been
or what comes next
or ask you to rap on the table and make it rise.
It is enough to know that you are twisting
like a wisp of smoke inside my chest.

Please generous ghost, if you must possess this body,
make it partial, make us partners, each of us taking turns
playing marionette with my flesh.
Slip into my torso like a cloak, twirl around, show it off.
I'm just your size, you may not wish
to ever disrobe. Which is good, because
I don't intend to ever let you do so.
I will allow my face to fill with yours.
Look out at the bright world through my eyes;
just please try not to block the light streaming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment